Friday, April 2, 2010

Cheesy Potatoes

It is a holiday, my family will meet and do what we do best.. eat until we are stuffed. I want to fix cheesy potatoes but I gotta tell you.. I love them and will eat until my eyes look like potato spud eyes...creepy but true.
I love a good spud.. what can you do to screw them up? Baked, fried, boiled, thrown in with any food and they are tasty. Mashed..yummo! Breakfast, lunch or dinner and I could eat a tater.. I believe this is why we are so hostile to other ethnic groups.. they do not love their potatoes like us. Chines food? Mexican? They miss the whole starchy quest. Bob's 19th hole... they have twice baked that make you want to slap someone they are so good!
But, I am trying to eat better. (Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? I get it) Since when is Nachos & goopy cheese a main dish for our kids at school? Thank you government food program, again you fail! And these nachos are only cheese, no lettuce, olives or tomatoes. And why do we not feed our kids food that is in season when it is? Corn in August, tomatoes in the fall.. clueless we are.
So, there will be no cheesy taters for me :( I need to learn how to eat real food. Healthy food, maybe a tater here and there but until I get this obsession with potatoes controlled I will have to wait.
Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Think sweet potato--they are sooo filling and good for you and the energy you get from them lasts forever. Steam until almost soft, then fried a little bit, then mash with cinnamon and a little brown sugar. Or buy one of those wrapped-up-already ones for the microwave and add some sugar and cream cheese--you don't need much. (I'm starving and need to go grocery shopping...can you tell?) Hope you're enjoying your spring break..

    ReplyDelete