Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yard woes

About 7 years ago I went into Lowes and bought these very pathetic ornamental grasses. Maybe in 5" pots and dropped them into my yard. They grew. And grew. And grew.
Two of the plants are restrainable but they are now popping up baby grasses through the black plastic and the pea gravel.
The other plant has turned into a huge, straw like monstrosity that may be getting a dose of Round-up which I hear kills everything. In the fall it reaches my roof and every Spring we cut it back and we have a wheat field of hay from the thing. I think it has roots that go to China and back, there is not any way to pull them out.
And then, there are the adorable chipmunks that think my yard is the Disneyland of Chip & Dale life. They have been digging like there is no tomorrow and all ways to get rid of them are just wrong. (A plank set up over a bucket of water with 2" of sunflower seeds that they go to eat and meet their maker.. Ugh!) But, they really need to go.
I am not a gardener because I have OCD.. I want perfect so I just don't even bother... and weeding, what an endless task.
My pool will need a new liner this year and my plan is the usual plan, you can't see the mess when you are floating with your eyes closed.
And in the meantime, need some grass? I got plenty but you do the cutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment