Sunday, March 28, 2010

10 pounds

Every summer, every winter, like clockwork I switch my clothes out..summer to winter and winter to summer.
And every year all year long there is a basket in my closet with clothes that will fit better if I just lose 10-15 pounds. I can get them snapped and zipped but I got a muffin that would make Otis Spunkmeyer green with envy.
I still have not recovered from the incorrect scale that let me live in denial for about 6 years. Then I watched Kirstie on t.v. whining about how hard it is to lose weight. Thank goodness I am not the only one who screams from lack of motivation.
I have 4 days of work this week and then 10 days off... I think I need to be motivated. I need to be held accountable for this hot- sick -out- of -shape mess I am in. The walking at work does not work for me. Drinking all the water does not work for me. Trying to eat healthy doesn't work when I don't work out at the same time. So I need to move it just to get that basket out of my closet.
And I have to understand that it will be harder for me, especially since the report came out saying an hour a day will only maintain me at this age. I don't want to maintain this, I want to be rid of it.
I will be walking more now and if you want to join me, give me a call. I will warn you, I keep a pretty quick pace.
Catch me if you can:)

No comments:

Post a Comment