Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And the beat goes on

I do not like to say I am a Christian anymore. There is too much luggage with the word. Will I judge you? Do I think I am better than you? Am I a goody-two-shoes?
I much prefer to say I am a Jesus follower. Why?
I would not tell Haiti that this happened because they made a pact with the devil and now here is God's wrath on them. I would not tell dead soldier's families that God loves dead soldiers (He loves them all) because America is so liberal about gays. I would not tell the 9nth ward in La. that this is their pay back because of the sin level in that town. And maybe these ministers believe this, I have gotten into a few arguements about God's plan on these situations but my true question is what is the good of it?
Jesus would be the one cleaning up the 9th ward, serving the people in the crumbling stadium, picking up the pieces in Haiti, laying his hands on the injured and dying in Chile. Wrapping his arms around the soldier's family and maybe wearing angel wings to block a grieving family when ugly words are thrown at them because their son was gay and died.
My God is the one who makes me want to be a better person. The one who has consoled me over and over and never said "You are bad and this is your pay back" The One who rejoices when I pick myself up. The one who loves me and calls me his.
So I am a Jesus follower and my heart is spoken for.

No comments:

Post a Comment