Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday Nights

When I was growing up on Sunday nights we all had a bath and watched
"Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" and "Disney". I think I choked thru the wild kingdom stuff just for Tink spraying her wand over that magic castle. (Years later when I went to Disney World I was highly disappointed... I just didn't get IT) How many times could I endure the zebra being eaten by the lions, really?
So last night I watched a few episodes of "Life" and was totally pulled in to the brutal world of crazy strange animals.
I did not know snakes had sex like that.. I thought it was an egg thing. I watched a little frog tumble to safety by stiffening up and falling, falling... and those huge ugly dragons that bit a cow and the poison brought the cow down 3 weeks later with all the dragons surrounding it. It was totally fascinating and strange.
Years ago I would watch nature shows and for some reason I always ended up on the episode of the little sea turtles. Left on the beach to fend for themselves and get to the sea. First, their clumsy Moms crushed them, the crabs ate them and just when you thought they were safe, here came the sea gulls to pluck them up. Millions of turtles and it seemed like five made it to the sea...
I am thankful those damn camera men didn't follow those turtles into the sea and film the sharks eating them...
Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment