Friday, May 7, 2010

Twisted Sisters

If anyone reads my sister's blog they should know that I am usually the female relative she writes about. Her latest blog about the scale is sad but true. I did have a scale that was off 10 pounds and I happily went through life thinking I was thinner than I was. Then every doctor visit I would turn livid that his scale weighed me 10 lbs. more.
Last year I was at different doctors alot and on Monday my family doctor's scale weighed me 10 lbs. up and then the next day the endrocronlogists weighed me 10 lbs. heavier.
The chocolate river of denial was over. I got a new scale. It is digital and I have O.C.D. and it flashes different weights as you stand on it... when it is lower I am praying and when it flips higher I am mad.. and then it locks in.UGH! And even though I am 10 lbs. heavier I am still fighting the same 5 lbs. up and down they go.
And now I am old. My aunt looked at me one day and told me just to go with it... I just can't. And if I did I would be washing myself with a rag on a stick and be on some show with the wall being chopped out to release me from my house. Maybe with Richard Simmons outside with a microphone tsk, tsking me....
So when I read my sister's blog ( who has more followers than me, thank you very much) I wonder where this came from, the whole numbers thing. I have even talked to people who refuse to get on their doctor's scales...WHAT? You can refuse? But I never will anyway because in my depraved mind I want it to say 160... MY! MY! you have lost so much weight!
Stop laughing, it could happen... if I could just lose this extra 10 lbs. I recently "found"

No comments:

Post a Comment